Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Wooden Shoes


Since there is not much new happening out here in Portland, I thought it would be nice to reflect on a childhood memory. This family portrait was taken in Rotterdam, Holland (The Netherlands), my Dad's native country...apparently my parents thought this a most worthy way to spend our time while on a foreign continent. All I remember is my mom complaining about how pointy her hat was, and that I was livid to be holding the red blob (fyi: it is supposed to be cheese). I think I recall Ryan trying to break the windows with the unidentifiable object he's holding after the picture was taken...that's when he realized the windmill and sailboats weren't real. However, it must be said, we do look quite authentic, don't you think?

8 comments:

Steph said...

love it, and glad you finally entered the world of blogging again...i was starting to wonder if you got swept away by rain or something out there? anyhow, i am headed to utah next tuesday....and can NOT wait to go....to see family, have a couple baby showers, and of course go to dance comp...look at our blog for pics of the dresses i designed and cute little Kimmi....wish you were going to be there too! Oh, ps, not sure if your mom told you, but i know what i am having...we need to catch up SOON! call me!

Karly said...

Carly, my sister and I are laughing so hard at your funny picture and entertaining commentary! I have to say, Lori has put us through some weird awkward picture taking... but this gets first prize! I love it. Post some pictures of your darling boy would you? VOS

Karly

Tim and Jennifer said...

HIlarious! Very, very authentic. Hope you're doing well!

Kayla R. said...

That is soo cute! I love your mom how is she?!?

The Clevelands said...

CLASSIS!!! I could totally picture in my head what would be going on during this photo shoot... So funny! What a great family you have Car... and it was so small then. It just doesn't look complete without the two little ones!
love-Em

Banks Family said...

Carly, how is Portland? Em Showed me this picture and we were laughing, and reflecting on the old times. I totally remember when your family was just like this. Oh has time flew by. Good to see yah
Hannah

Steph said...

ok --- so now we for SURE need to talk!!! I just got back to Utah, and have some pretty big news! and i want to tell you in person! call me at 704-936-9743. (then plug my number in your phone if you don't have it and erase this message)

Whitney Tanner said...

Carly! So glad I can keep up with you now! How's Portland? Emmett is getting so big!