Sunday, March 14, 2010

Bodyguard.


I'm getting weary of this.
I mean the role I've been obligated to assume as Margot Red's full-time bodyguard.
There is one, single persecutor.
We frequently refer to him as, "Mett Mett."
Super nice, older brother snuggle buggles turn suddenly, with no explanation, into this:
 headlocks, bodyslams, choke holes.
Look at the acute terror in her eyes!

Emmett's best friend since Margot's birth, has not been Margot (obviously), but the corner...with his nose stuck in it.

p.s.
No. 
This photo was not staged.
And, yes.
I, Kevin Costner-esque like, came to her rescue.
(Get it...from "The Bodyguard")

p.p.s.
FYI: I keep the "Margot and Emmett Update Blog" updated...at least more frequently than this one. (See right panel)

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I lvoe the pic- even if it is sad:( He really is such a sweet boy- and you are very encouraging and patient too!

Adrianna said...

How does Kevin Costner come to one's rescue? ...Just barely in the nick of time, รก la Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves?

Heidi said...

Yes my one role in life is to protect Bennett from his older brother as well. If you have any tips send them my way!

My new problem is hitting. Bennett has learned to "fight back" and now has adopted this horrible hitting habit. Part of me thinks 'good, jackson deserved it' and the other part knows that he will project the hitting elsewhere.

Sigh. The life we lead. Your kids are adorable either way. Just take fast showers.

The Howards said...

oh my gosh i have been the most horrible friend ever. I know you have called me and i have not returned your call. I think about you tons and have been meaning to call you. I need your number again i got a new phone and lost my other numbers. Love seeing your darling kiddos, when are you here next we need to play I love you!!!!!!!!!